Sometimes it’s the simple things in life that frustrate us. For some people, it’s the dreaded WHAT’S FOR DINNER?? question. For me, it’s WHAT AM I GOING EAT IN BETWEEN LUNCH AND DINNER? question.
Snacks are many times one of the hardest things for me to plan. It should be easy but many times I overcomplicate the easy things! 🙂 Currently, there are quite a few things I cannot eat due to my current eating plan so it makes it very necessary for me to plan. That’s why I decided to make a list of possible snack combinations.
There is nothing complicated about these snacks and I realize I am no genius for listing them all out here. But hopefully this will make my snack planning, and yours, a little less frustrating!
1. Apple and Almond Butter
2. Banana and a handful of Almonds
3. Turkey Lettuce wrap (2 turkey lunchmeats, 2 leaves romaine, & 2 slices tomato)
4. Cucumber and 1-2 small goat cheese slices
6. Yogurt with (unsalted) sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds
7. Celery and Almond Butter
8. Smoothie (Pretty Purple Protein Smoothie)
9. Frozen strawberries slightly thawed-(if you haven’t tried this, you really should-it’s yummmmy!) and plain yogurt with agave nectar
10. Small salad with sunflower seeds or other nut
11. Fresh Berries Mix (raspberry, blackberry, strawberry) drizzled with agave nectar and topped with crushed almonds
So what about you? What is your favorite quick and healthy snack?