I recently have come to know my good friend Morning Sickness. They call her Morning Sickness but really she comes around morning, noon, or night-pretty much whenever she feels up to it.
She not only interupts my work, but pretty much any plans that I may have. Now I know that this is all part of it and that in the end when I have a beautiful baby in my arms, it will be totally worth it. But right now, all I want is a little relief!!
So just in case you are in the same boat I am in, I wanted to share with you the main things that have worked for me thus far. Nothing that I have tried has made my good friend completely go away-but these things have made life bearable.
1. Carbonated water with lemon (and salt if you are feeling the need)
2. Ginger Chews– I found them at my local World Market, but I think you can find these pretty much anywhere.) I bite off a piece of this everytime my tummy starts to turn.
3. Ginger ale (opt for the healthier version with no high-fructose corn syrup)
4. Eat small meals every couple of hours.
5. Eat something as soon as you wake up. (My hubby runs downstairs and makes me a piece of Ezekiel bread toast for me usually. :))
Most people say saltine crackers, while they are helpful-they are not really very healthy. I am currently looking for a healthier option on the cracker-maybe a gluten free one or a rice cracker….I’ll keep you posted.