- Shop on the outside aisles. Try your best to stay out of the inside aisles where all the tempting processed junk food is sold.
- Buy produce that is IN SEASON and/or on sale.
- Sign up for home-mailings and coupons for organic and natural products. Click below to check out this great list that Famliy Health and Nutrition has compiled. http://www.family-health-and-nutrition.com/healthy-living-resources.html
- Buy in bulk, preferably when on sale. (I buy a lot of ingredients such as flours, shredded coconut, etc on Amazon.com.)
- Buy meat when it is on sale and freeze whatever you will not be using immediately. *Note: Most Wal-Marts now carry organic chicken and ground turkey at reasonable prices. Be sure to check your local Wal-Mart!
- Go in with a few family members or friends and buy in bulk.
- Cowpool- Go in with a few family members or friends and buy half a cow or a whole cow.